Friday, February 26, 2016

#FridayReads - Feb 26th


Coll

Well it is one week until vacation and I am trying to finish up a bunch of books before then, so I can start some new ones when vacation begins. This weekend I would like to wrap up Nowhere Girl by Susan Strecker, a book I received via NetGalley that is to be released March 1. I started it a few days ago and am waiting to get really pulled into it. I am about halfway through so hopefully that happens soon. I will also be reading Not if I See you First, the debut novel by Eric Lindstrom, which I received in my Uppercase Box a few months ago. I am really excited for this one (maybe because of the crush I have on YA) and am sure I will fly through it. Then there is Pride and Prejudice, the book Tiina and I were sooooo excited to get started on that we have made barely any progress with. Well that will change this weekend when we both make a dent in it! The last one I will mention is Anne of Green Gables. I read this ages ago and was inspired to read it again recently, so perhaps I will get started on that too. ;-) And yeah, I suppose that would be it for me this weekend.

Tiina
Right, as I am amidst the biggest reading slump of the century (at least I’m not prone to exaggerations), I am reading much the same books as during the last Friday Reads two weeks ago. My main focus at the moment is Pride and Prejudice, although it’s a reread. It is a slower read, but I really am enjoying the quiet snarkiness of Miss Austen. However, in addition to that, I did start another review book (Dawn Over Dayfield by Karenna Colcroft) so I’m reading a bit of that every day too with and aim to finish it over the weekend. The novel is a sort of a slow-build mystery and a slight romance (LGBTQ at that).  I will post the review here on Monday so keep an eye out for that! That’s the reading plan anyway. What about you, what are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment