Friday, February 5, 2016

#FridayReads - Feb 5th

Tiina

As a very curious/nosy person (glad I’m not a cat) I like to know what other people are reading. Tit for tat like they say, so here’s what I’m planning on reading today and this weekend. I’ve never been monogamous with my books so I tend to have more than one on the go. At the moment I am focusing on Claire Fuller’s Our Endless Numbered Days for my library book club next week. It’s very disturbing already, but I’m not sure why! Also, watch this space for a future review! ;-) In addition to that I am reading Alasdair Gray’s Poor Things which is just very, very weird. It’s fiction disguised as found-footage. So far I think I like it a lot. Although I’m not a fan of people who say it when they’re on page 19 but there ya go. To keep my book hoarding in check, I’m also reading Willpower. I hope it helps because at this rate I will be able to open a lending library by summer. As to future plans? I’m really, really craving Pride and Prejudice! I think Coll agreed to make it a buddy read so I’m just the luckiest girl on Earth right now. There’s a hashtag there somewhere.


Coll

I feel like I am always over-ambitious with the books I plan to read over the weekend. I have all these grand plans and then I get sucked into video games and a lot of my plans go out the window. I always make sure to save my early mornings and late nights for reading though! I got an advanced copy of Flight of Dreams by Ariel Lawhon, which I am reading and plan on reviewing in the coming weeks. It is historical fiction that tackles the mystery of the Hindenburg disaster. So far I am really enjoying it; it is exciting and I don’t know who to trust. I am also reading Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry. This is the book I pulled out of my TBR Jar for the month of February. Think detective story meets terrorism meets zombies. Seriously, a detective story about terrorists that employ a disease that creates zombies. Not kidding. It is different, definitely not what I expected, but I am really enjoying it. Since Tiina is reading a book on Willpower I am supposed to read something similar, and I am leaning towards a Buddhism book called Everyday Dharma. This is my third attempt at reading it; I just keep losing motivation. Perhaps what I need is to read a book on motivation. And yeah, there is that whole Pride and Prejudice buddy read I agreed to do with Tiina. I am mainly doing it so we can read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies right after. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment