Friday, May 20, 2016

#FridayReads - May 20, 2016

Tiina
Hello friends! Long time no see! We have been writing featured posts in the last few weeks (Space Day, Friday the 13th) so the Friday Reads segment has been on the backburner a bit. Until now! *cue the dramatic music in your head* I am currently reading two books and definitely plan on finishing both of them off this weekend.  I have 90-100 pages left in both of them. They are: Vic Challenger: Fast by Jerry Gill, and The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. The first is a quirky adventure story largely set in Australia, and the second an atmospheric fantasy story set in Virginia. It’s the second in the series and will not function as a standalone so I can’t really go into the story. I will, however, pick up the third Blue Lily, Lily Blue on audio right after finishing. The overall series has an amazing narrator so definitely check them out! What else? My reading moods have been so changeable lately but I think I might pick up The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel next.

Colleen
Well for starters I am going to finish Easy Street: The Hard Way by Ron Perlman. I have always been a huge fan of The Perl and not just because he was Hellboy (I love Hellboy) but because he is an overall amazing actor and seems like such a cool guy. The book is excellent and is giving me insights into things I never knew about him and if anything I love him more since starting the book.  Then I will be starting *drumroll please* Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey! I bought this book like a year ago and have been so amped to marathon the series (Expanse) but have for some reason been putting it off and just gazing at the book from afar. So I decided that the Expanse Series (sci-fi / space opera that currently stands at six books and is slated for nine by 2019) will be my big summer read and it all starts this weekend with Leviathan Wakes. The book is involves an XO of a miner ship, a derelict ship with a dark secret, a detective looking for a missing girl, a solar system on the brink of war, and how everything ties together. So yeah, I am looking forward to starting the series this weekend and going through all the drama, heartbreak, anger, and love that comes with reading an epic series. YAY! 

What have you been reading lately? Any gems? Any disappointment? We’d love to know either way! We’re not cats, so curiosity has no adverse effect on us ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment