Friday, May 27, 2016

#FridayReads - May 27, 2016

Tiina
Another Friday, another Friday Reads. I can’t believe it’s only been a week. I swear, time is flying and tomorrow it’ll be September already, or something. Can you tell I’m reading a (possible) time travel novel? I’m not sure yet actually, but I think so. At least I feel like that’s what they want us to think. By “they” I mean the author. It’s not exactly a spoiler, because it’s pure conjecture, and also the protagonist keeps rereading A Wrinkle in Time so there’s that. Oh, I should probably say what the book is – When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. In addition to that, I’m listening to the third Raven Cycle novel Blue Lily, Lily Blue on audio. Such a great narration! I’m also reading Elle Casey’s Wrong Number, Right Guy, and it’s great; the dialogue is especially hilarious. I definitely already recommend this contemporary romance. Finally, Coll and I are doing another buddy read – Fives and Twenty-Fives by Michael Pitre. It is war fiction so not exactly cheery, but it’s a quick read and I am enjoying the process. That’s about it. I might also pick up Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle if I finish up any of the above (mainly because I’m half-way through most of them). That’s it! I know, plenty of reading so here’s hoping I will have plenty of time to read! :)

Coll
Well I am looking forward to getting a lot of reading done over the long Memorial Day weekend (extra-long for me because I took off more for my birthday). First off, I will be continuing on with Leviathan Wakes (Expanse series) by James S.A. Corey, which I started last weekend. Since I already explained the premise I won’t go into that, but I will say holy freakin’ crap I love this book. Then, as Tiina mentioned, we are buddyreading Fives and Twenty-Fives by Michael Pitre. I am huge into military and reading war related books so this is right up my alley and I am really enjoying it. Now as for new books I will actually be “starting”, first on the list is Infomocracy by Malka Ann Older. I got this as an ARC (it is set to be released June 7th) and it is kind of hard to summarize in short. Let’s just say it is a sci-fi / political thriller and we will leave it at that until my review. ;-) Then, as much as I love reading several heavily themed books at a time, to lighten things up a bit I will start a YA novel, probably Scarlet Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw. The books is about a young girl who writes fan fiction and pretty much has more friends in the online fanfic community than in real life. So yeah, I think that is it for now. I do plan on going to the Strand in NYC to treat myself to some birthday book shopping so I can’t promise I won’t also start additional books (like the Hellboy graphic novels that I plan on buying).

So that is what we have going on this weekend. We hope you have some awesome reading plans as well and would love to hear what they are!


Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment