Monday, July 11, 2016

#booktubeathon2016 announcement and TBR!

We aren’t currently making any Booktube videos, but we do comment on others’ videos quite a bit, and I for one – Tiina - have been obsessively watching several Booktubers for nearly 2 years now. It is one of my favourite pastimes, actually. In addition to book hauls and monthly wrap-ups, readathon TBRs are one of my favourite videos to watch. As you might know, we love reading challenges around here a lot – and even hosted our own (ends on Tuesday!) – it’s about time we join in. Fair’s fair so here’s our participation announcement and TBRs.

We'll be posting on Instagram as @doublelettersbookclub


Challenge
Tiina
Coll
Book with yellow on the cover
Most probably Carry On, but if I end up speeding through the others, I might read The Girl with All the Gifts for this one instead (it’s aaaalll yellow)
For this I am going to read The Girl with All the Gifts. I have wanted to read it for a while now so this is a good push for me to do it.
Book to read after sunset
Alex + Ada, Vol 2 because I plan on finishing it one night. That is, if they arrive in the mail!
For this I also plan on using The Girl with All the Gifts because I love reading horror at night. So this is perfect!
Book discovered via Booktube
The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan as my library just got it and I think I’m in the mood for it. I think I heard it first from Jen Campbell.
So I was torn between two for this but I am going with This Bloody Mary Is the Last Thing I Own. For some reason I am super intrigued by it so I figured why the hell not.  I heard it from the Book Riot channel.
Book by favourite author
I will combine challenges and read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell for this one, as well.
I think I will probably read Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. He is my all-time favorite author and this is one of his books that I have actually never read.
Book that’s older than you
The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Armin
Cannery Row for this too. It was published in 1945, so there you go. ;-)
Read a book and watch its adaption
Once again: The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Armin. It has a highly lauded film adaption so two birds with one stone and all that (also: figuratively!).
I feel bad using Cannery Row again but not really. The movie came out in 1982 and I am interested to see how the book translates into movie.
Read 7 books
Might not get to this as I will have the in-laws over for most of the weekend. I’m aiming towards 4 and that might be generous ;-).
Seven books huh? Well maybe if I didn’t work and video games didn’t exist I could manage this. ;-) However, in reality I am aiming for four or five books.


No comments:

Post a Comment