Friday, March 25, 2016

#FridayReads - March 25

Coll
Well vacation is over so I must immerse myself in books again to forget about the Caribbean. There are several books I plan on reading this weekend, one of which is Lust & Wonder by Augusten Burroughs. I was able to get an advanced copy from Netgalley and so far I am really enjoying it. It is an autobiography / memoir of the development and downfall of the relationships Burroughs was involved with while living in New York City, and examines the process of figuring them all out. The second book I will be reading is Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin, which I got in my Uppercase Box a few months ago. It is historical fiction / alternate history (also categorized as YA because of the main characters being teenagers) with some sci-fi and fantasy thrown in. So right up my alley! I am already sucked into this book and can’t wait to get back to reading it tonight! The third, and final, book I plan on reading this weekend is the sci-fi classic The Sheep Look Up by John Brunner. This book tackles a theme in sci-fi that we often come across, the consequences that would arise from the destruction of Earth. So yeah, that is it for this weekend. Well, as of now. Not saying another book or two won’t be thrown into the mix. ;-)

Tiina
Friday again! I’m not reading much this time. I am listening to an audiobook by Samantha Young, One King’s Way is a novella in her On Dublin Street series. I love the other books, but this installment is kind of underwhelming – the main female character is slightly unlikeable. In addition to that, I am planning on starting Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. It is fantasy and very Harry Potter-esque, apparently. If you have read Fangirl by the same author, you will recognise the characters. I am a little worried about it as I have heard mixed reviews, but I guess we’ll have to read and see. Obviously. You reading anything fun? 

So yeah, that is it for us for this weekend. What are your plans, reading and/or otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment