Friday, March 4, 2016

#FridayReads - March 4

Tiina
The weekend is almost upon us so it’s time for another Friday Reads! I am once again planning to read several books at the same time. I always have an audiobook going and this time it’s Shannon Stacey’s Heat Exchange. It’s romancey, and I’m not wholly sure about the narrator, but it was free on Scribd so doesn’t really matter. I am also planning on finishing up the Locke & Key comics. The series is scary and sinister, and funny. At the same time. Yeah, I’m not sure how Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez do it either. In addition to that I am also reading my book club book The Circle. Let me tell you people, I already have notes. Several in caps lock! Fingers crossed I hit my stride and can also finish up Pride and Prejudice. Well, at least I won’t be able to say I’ve nothing to read ;-)!

Coll
Well, here I am still trying to finish a bunch of books before vacation. I will definitely be finishing Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom. As with most YA (guilty not guilty pleasure) I am having a hard time putting it down. It is a really adorable and heartfelt read. I am hoping I will also be able to finish Immurement by Norma Hinkens. This is a YA sci-Fi/dystopian story, which was enough to make me want to read it. ;-) And the third book I would like to (hopefully) finish this weekend is Welcome Thieves by Sean Beaudoin. This is a book of black humor short stories that I am actually pretty into, even though I tend to have an aversion to short stories (King, Lovecraft, and Poe excluded). So yeah, I plan to finish these three books and also pick out an ocean themed book (yes I am a nerd who themes her books when traveling) for vacation. Looks like a busy weekend for me! Oh, yeah, and Pride and Prejudice. *sigh* Tiina and I are slackers with this buddy read.



We just love knowing what other people read (or do) over the weekend? Any fun plans? Reading or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment