Friday, April 1, 2016

#FridayReads - April 1


Coll
Well it is the first weekend in April, and it is supposed be be a rainy one here in New York, so it is a good time to start a few new books. This weekend I will be starting How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran. This book was chosen for the month of April on the Emma Watson Goodreads book club, Our Shared Shelf. It has extreme mixed reviews so I am interested to read it and see what my feelings are on it. I also plan on starting The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein. It is a sci-fi classic where the Moon is used as a penal colony for those who are no longer wanted on Earth for being rebellious, and these outcasts form their own libertarian society. I love me some sci-fi so I am looking forward to this book. Finally, because I feel like throwing myself into something incredibly epic, I will be reading the unabridged (1,300+ page) The Stand by Stephen King. My mom had me read this about 15 years ago and I figured it was about time I read it again. Only downside to this is every time someone near me sneezes or coughs I am pretty sure the world is about to end. ;-) So yeah, my weekend will consist of those three books (possibly a fourth), and some video games of course. 


Tiina

Friday again! I think most people’s favourite day of the week. At least after 5 pm! This week my reading fare isn’t going to be very complicated. I am starting a book about breathing therapy – non-fiction, obviously. It seems slightly loopy already, but the author is highly lauded in her field. Then, I will also start my April book club choice which is The Poisonwood Bible. It is a chunkster, but I have heard moderately good things and I’m excited to read it. Finally, I might dip in an out of a romance novel I have going on the side. Only Love (the cover has a shiny bright pink font to boot) is historical fiction set in 1868 in the Colorado Territory, and chronicles the everyday hardships young women, who were left alone after the Civil War, suffered during that time. Of course, the book isn’t too dark – or probably historically 100% accurate – since it’s a romance. Let’s be honest here, I’m just reading it for the love story anyway :). No shame!

What about you? You know we always want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment