Friday, April 15, 2016

#FridayReads - April 15

Tiina
Honesty time. I’m still in a slump. Are you tired of hearing it? Well, I’m tired of living it so we all have to deal. At least I’m not cranky about it, though! My main aim this weekend is to finish off that post-American Civil War romance by Elizabeth Lowell, and then start the first volume of a new comic book series – Paper Girls – by Brian K Vaughan (the writer of Saga!), Cliff Chiang (illustrator of the new Wonder Woman) and Matt Wilson. It’s by Image Comics and I tend to like everything they put out (Bitch Planet, woohoo). That’s about it. Going to start slow. Maybe I’ll throw in an audiobook too.

Colleen


Well, Tiina might be Miss Slumpy but luckily she has not infected me with her ailment. This weekend I plan to finish up Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel, which I talked about last week in #FridayReads. I also plan on starting a book that I have been looking forward to reading for months now (I was just waiting for the release date to get closer), Admiral (Evagardian #1) by Sean Danker. This is a military sci-fi/space opera book, so basically everything I love all rolled into one. It is about a man who awakens on a dead ship with the records indicating he is an Admiral in the military, although he has no recollection of this. Now he and his three surviving recruits must find a way to survive on the strange world they are marooned on. Then I am thinking of starting Much of Madness (Conexus Chronicles, #1) by S.E. Summa. Not sure I could do a quick description on this so let’s just say it is a Southern Gothic story that involves things such as a grimoire, Sin Eaters, Death, and an occult cat burglar. Good times. :-) Oh, and yeah, that whole thing with me reading The Stand is still going on. 1,300 page books don’t go by so quickly I suppose. ;-)


And you? What are you reading? You know we always want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment