Friday, April 8, 2016

#FridayReads - April 8

Tiina
Right, book people. It’s Friday again! That means it’s time to find out what other people are reading. To start off, I’m in the middle of a giant book slump right now. I hope that’s not the case with you. But, my immediate plans are to finish off a fairytale retelling, or rather, an extension of one, about Snow White. Ever wondered what happened to her afterwards? Reflections of Queen Snow White might help you out there. In addition to that, I will hopefully manage to finish Book of Ivy by Amy Engel. It’s set in a dystopian world and I’ve heard ONLY good things about it. So far I am about a page and a half in, and it looks to be good and unique already. That’s it. Those are my tentative plans during this Great Slump of 2016. Fingers and toes crossed that you are not suffering from it, and have awesome reading plans.

Coll
Well, I am not going to lie, I may not get a ton of reading done this weekend. But I have my reasons! We just got the new Star Wars on Blu-Ray as well as the Hunger Games box set, so one day will be a marathon movie day. But I plan on making food from my Hunger Games cookbook when I marathon those, so there is still a book involved. ;-) I will still be fitting in a decent amount of reading though. First off I plan on finishing up The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, which I mentioned last Friday. I will be starting Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel, a Sci-Fi book about a little girl who falls through the earth into a hole, and rescue workers discover she has landed in a giant metal hand. Thus begins a study into this rare and bizarre artifact and what secrets it holds. I am also in the mood for a graphic novel so I am thinking of reading the Harlem Hellfighters by Max Brooks, which is about the 369th infantry in WWI, an African American group who spent the most time in combat of all American units but never received the praise they deserved due to the discrimination of the time. Oh, and I am still working on the tome that is The Stand, of course. So yeah, those are my reading (and movie) plans for the weekend.


What about you? Any interesting reading (or movie) plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment